Our Adoption Criteria
You must be at least 21 years old.
We prefer that you live in the greater Houston, Texas area, but will consider out-of-area applications under certain circumstances.
If you live more than 2 hours from Houston, you will need to provide photos of your home and yard (or be able to Skype with us),
and you must be willing to travel to Houston to meet and pick up your new dog.
If you live in a house, we prefer that you have a fenced yard.
All companion animals must be spayed/neutered, and current on vaccinations and heartworm preventative.
You must have the time and money necessary to provide medical treatment, training and proper care.
With few exceptions, we prefer that you not have children younger than six (6) years old living in your home.
Our Adoption Process|
1. You submit an Adoption Application.
2. Our Application Committee will review your Application, and call your vet and your landlord (if applicable).
3. A volunteer will interview you on the phone.
4. A Home Visit will be scheduled to see where your new Dachshund will sleep, eat and play.
5. We all work together to find the right Dachshund for your family. Usually, the dog's Foster Person will bring the dog
you're interested to your home for a "Meet and Greet".
6. When you're ready to adopt, you will sign an Adoption Contract and pay the Adoption Fee.
If your Application is not approved, you will not be able to adopt from us.
A submitted application does not guarantee adoption of a Dachshund, nor does it guarantee that the dog you want is available.
Adoptive families must agree to periodic follow-up phone calls following the adoption.
We are committed to our dogs and REQUIRE that they be returned to us if they cannot remain in your home.
Our Adoption Fees are
Submission of your application confirms that you have read and understand our Adoption Criteria and Adoption Process.
$300 for Puppies (under 1 year)
$250 for Young Dogs (1-5 years) minus $25 "Designer Dachsie" discount if mixed breed
$200 for Adult Dogs (6-10 years)
$150 for Seniors (over 10 years)
$75 for "Senior to Senior" (applicant 65+, dog 10+)
50% off one Young/Adult adoption fee when two dogs are adopted within a month apart *
* Discount does not apply to Puppy or Senior adoption fees